Tilda shopping for birthday cake

It took me two days to make this card! The idea came to me yesterday afternoon and I was itching to try it out, but it was not to happen! I finally got to sit at my craft desk last night and stamp the muffins (oh boy, there was three little masks for this one) but once I'd stamped it I hated how it looked and did it again... I still wasn't happy... but then I coloured it this afternoon and made the little checked frame and things started to come together. We just needed some colour! I really need to learn to be patient and wait to take my photos in the daylight, I really struggle with night photography....

So here is the front of my card. The sketch is from Magnolia Down Under #38, but instead of layering the papers to build up the card, I made a little window from the checked paper and placed the muffin image behind it to give the illusion of Tilda shopping for cake. I used a border punch for the inside and outside of the window. The little chocolate corners you can see are actually the inside of the window that I've folded back and distressed and rolled. The ribbon on the muffins is covered in Crystal Effects, as is Tilda's handbag. Tilda's wings and the heart sprinkes are covered in kindyglitz. The red checks remind me of a tea towel or table cloth.



The card is an easel card, so here it is standing up. Another little muffin on the inside.



And some close ups:





I am also entering this card in Cupcake Craft Challenges #83 - Food & Drink and Just Magnolia Week 47 - Easel cards

Copics used:
100, C7, C5, C3, C1, E000, E00, E11, E31, E34, Y23, YR20, R29, R27, R24, R22, R20, R39, RV11, RV13

Comments

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Kylie OMG WOW this is amazing no wonder it took you 2 days the amount of work that has gone into this is absolutely amazing, you just keep flooring me with your talent, gimmie some mojo that you have! lol, pleeeeeeease :) Absolutely LOVE it, colours amazing, love the papers and your colouring is gorgeous, you used the sketch in a whole NEW way that is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at MDUC...
    Hugs Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO what Kellie said. Where do you get your amazing amount of energy from? I want some.
    This card is absolutely amazing!! So creative and a lot of thought and effort has definately gone into this! I love that Tilda has a handbag ;) You have rocked this challenge!!

    Kylie (the 'other' one) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo!!! That looks AMAZING!!! Those muffins looks Delicious! LOVE the colours you've used and your colouring of this!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun, this is absolutely stunning! Sometimes we are hardest on ourselves. Love this layout and all the wonderful colouring. All the details are just perfect and it really does look like Tilda is shopping for those perfect cupcakes. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing, I'm with the other comments, this is awesome!
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little cupcake card yum yum...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! all your hard work definitely paid off it is a stunning card! I love all those yummy muffins and the colours and details are gorgeous! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Wow this is so Yummy!! Just LOVE the colours you have used!!
    gorgeous:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh hahahaha now wouldn't it be nice if all cupcakes were that huge. I love it. Love you Tilda and your colouring is amazing. Wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh your cupcakes are just soooooo cool!!! No wonder it took 2 days, would take me a week:-) I would have never thought to do something like this, not sure if I would actually attempt it either!! Fantastic Art!!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutly gorgeous Kylie!! Your colouring is fantastic!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at MDUC.

    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie - this is STUNNING!!!!
    And WOW - can you imagine being stood in front of giant muffins...mmmmmmmmmm...yum!
    I love it :D
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Girl - this is one amazing job! Love the whole muffin shopping trip idea! Yummo - can she get some for me - LOL
    Just gorgeous!!!
    Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kylie, this card is delicious, your scene is fabulous and I can tell a lot of work has gone into this, I'm blown away :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kylie, wow wow wow, Love your sweeeeeeeeeeet fabulous card. Tilda is adorable and the muffins look good enough to eat, your colours and colouring wonderful. A fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kylie, what an amazing card. The amount of work that has gone into it is obvious and your colouring is awesome. Great details and love the little window. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.