Magnolia-licious May challenge

Well, I am back with another card for the day. This is for Magnolia-licious' May challenge, which is a sketch:


I have used the gorgeous new Sherwood Edwin stamp and sentiment, again from the Fairytale collection new from Magnolia (if you want him, go and visit Tickled Pink Stamps to pre-order) and I have also used the background stamp from the Lazy Summer Days 2009 collection. The cloud paper is also from Magnolia, available at Tickled Pink Stamps in the Lazy Summer Days paper pack.



I have made some faux wood for the little diagonal strips by following a tutorial by the gorgeous Debbie P which you can see here and here, except I used Kraft cardstock and sahara sand ink instead of the more mustard which gives the wood a more aged look.

I have coloured Edwin and the background in Copics:

B000, 21, 23
BG 92, 95
G12, 14, 16, 40,
E11, 00, 000, 31, 34, 55, 57
C1, 3, 5
R20

Comments

  1. Gorgeous job - love the aged wood look - will have to make some us for my stash! Awesome job Kylie!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. O your Edwin is just so handsome!! Its good to see a boys card!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!! Love your faux wood :o)
    Edwin is coloured so well and I think your scene is fantastic!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great scene and love how you did Edwin! Terrific detail and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kylie...I love this! That background stamps works beautifully with this card, Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card love the scene that you have created and your coloring is fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with Robin Hood Edwin! Another stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice scene with Edwin. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! You did a wonderful job on this card!

    ~Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie, Your card is gorgeous, Edwin is so adorable, love the background scenery and the fab Magnolia Cloud paper, how perfect. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness... throw some creativity my way please!! This is gorgeous, I love your faux wood (that tutorial was fab - just need some more supplies!!)... love your coloruing too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Robinghood. Great little scene. great colouring. hugs Shelley

    http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word this is fabulous!!! Love how you have colored Edwin. Thanks for submitting a sample. We're putting your name in the hat for our drawing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.